Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

It's Tuesday, Rugby league day!

WALT write a recount using the correct language features.

I know I can do this when I use similies and punctuation correctly in my writing. 

Don’t start without me! On Tuesday I had rugby league practise, like every Tuesday. Our main goal is to work on our fitness. We started by running and passing the ball. Every time someone dropped the ball, we had to do 20 diamonds (‘Diamonds’ is when we have to run the whole field in the shape of a diamond).

I went to the coach and asked “ Why do we all have to do diamonds, why don’t the person who dropped the ball do it ?”
He replied “Because we are all working on our fitness”. Then we started our diamonds and everyone was behind me but I felt left out so I slowed down. After that, we played a game.

On my first try with the ball, I nearly got tackled by the strongest and fastest person on the team. However he missed and someone called out ‘Nek’ minute so I looked and was tackled to the ground. After that tackle, I was so pumped up that when I got the ball, I sprinted as fast as a Cheetah chasing its prey. I sidestepped everyone inbetween me and the goal post and I felt like I was Usain Bolt.

After that we had to do a warm down, we counted up to ten and down again while stretching every muscle on our legs. I was told by my coach that I would be a perfect rugby player and that was the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.